- Navigate to your Patreon page editor.
- Click “Creator Page Settings” in the top-right corner to open the settings window.
- Click the “Connect to Discord” button to authorize a Patreon bot on your server. We’ll use this bot to automatically assign people the roles you choose in the next step. Note: be sure to keep “Manage Roles” and “Create Instant Invite” checked in the authorization screen!
- Navigate to the Roles section of your Discord server settings.
- Find the new role “Patreon”, and drag it above the roles you’d like to give to your patrons. Important: do not choose this role for any of your rewards in step #4.
- (optional) Rename the "Patreon" role to "Patreon Bot" – this will help you remember to not choose the role as a reward. Be sure not to disable any of the permissions – otherwise, the bot might not be able to assign roles to your patrons!
- Back on Patreon, close the Creator Page Settings window to go back to your page editor.
- Click on the “edit” button in the Rewards card to edit your rewards.
- If you’ve completed the previous step and connected your Discord server, there should be an additional “Discord Roles” section for each reward. Add as many roles to a given reward as you’d like – you can even add the same role to multiple rewards. Important: do not add the "Patreon" role (or whatever you might have renamed it to) to any reward – this will break the integration!
For example, you could create a “Patrons” role, which gives people access to certain channels, and then a “Patron Admins” role, which gives people admin permissions in those channels. If you had two reward tiers—$1 and $10—you could then assign the “Patrons” role to both $1 and $10 rewards and the “Patron Admins” role to only the $10 reward.
Q: My patrons aren't being invited to the server, or aren't receiving their roles! What's wrong?
A: It might be due to the permissions the Patreon bot has. Make sure that (1) the Patreon Bot's role (which should be named "Patreon", unless you renamed it) is not any of the roles you chose in step #4, and that (2) its role is, in the list of roles in Discord, above all of the roles you chose in step #4.
If you've confirmed both of those and it's still not working, it could either be that (1) there's a short delay, or (2) there's a problem on our end. If you think it's the latter, let us know!