Navigate over to your dashboard and you'll find a section labeled declines.
This section assesses the extent to which your patrons’ payments process successfully. When a payment declines, it typically is because of insufficient funds in the patron’s account or an error in the patron’s payment information (e.g., credit card number or expiration date). Patreon notifies the patron when their payment declines and automatically retries the payment when the payment settings are updated.
- Month: The month in which the associated post(s) were published
- Attempted Pledges The value of attempted pledges for posts published in that month
- Declined: The value of pledges that did not process successfully
- Successful: The value of pledges that processed successfully
- This section organizes results based on the date when the creator performed the work or published the post, whereas the Earnings section of the dashboard organizes results based on when the creator actually received the funds.
Please Note: The Declines section of your Creator Dashboard summarizes your patrons' overall decline rate. If you view this dashboard at the beginning of a month, the current month's decline rate typically exceeds the rate from prior months. This is normal. The overall decline rate is usually high in the first few days of the month, and it falls over time as we automatically retry payments and encourage patrons to update their payment methods.
Learn more about all of the data available to you in your dashboard HERE.