Hi there! This article describes everything that you’ll find in your Dashboard.
Currently, the Dashboard offers information about your page's performance on Patreon. In the future, we plan to expand the range of analytics offered and incorporate additional resources into the page (e.g., Patron Manager, a way to manage your pledges to other creators, etc.). Please provide feedback in the Dashboard survey about what you’d like to see next! (It appears at the bottom-right of the screen when browsing the Dashboard.)
The Dashboard includes the following sections:
This section summarizes income associated with your creator page. It is organized by the time that Patreon successfully processed your pledges and refunds, rather than the time when you performed the work or published paid posts.
- Month: The month in which you received money to your creator balance
- Processed pledges: The sum of all successfully-processed pledges that processed in the month specified, less any refunded payments
- Processing fees: Merchant transaction fees associated with the third party that processes the payments (e.g., PayPal, Stripe). Please see this article to learn more about fees.
- Patreon fee: The sum of Patreon’s 5% fee applied to the pledges
- Your share: The net amount that you earned, after deducting processing fees and Patreon’s fee
In the case of refunds, this section includes a positive amount when the pledge originally processed successfully followed by a negative amount when the refund occurred. For example, if a $10 pledge processed in January and was refunded in February, then Processed Pledges would include +$10 in January and -$10 in February.
On January 1, 2016, we implemented a new payments infrastructure that allows us to track detailed information about payments, including the time when we successfully process pledges for each creator’s account. For all pledges processed prior to January 1, 2016, we estimated the month in which pledges processed by assigning each pledge to the month after the creator performed the associated work. For creators paid on a monthly basis, pledges processed before January 1, 2016 are mapped to the month immediately following each month of the creator’s page. For creators paid per-post, pledges processed before January 1, 2016 are mapped to the month after the creator published the paid posts. We did this because Patreon processes pledges in the first month following any published work, and it’s correct unless a pledge declines and the patron takes more than a month to resolve the payment settings issue. If you have any questions about the timing associated with processed pledges, please contact us through the form pasted below.
This section summarizes the patronage that you receive, organized by the work that you delivered.
The layout depends on whether you’re paid monthly or per-post. For creators paid per-month, the table shows:
- Month: The month in which the creator performed the work associated with the monthly payment
- Paying Patrons: The number of patrons with successfully-processed pledges for that month
- Pledges Processed: The amount of successfully-processed pledges for that month, less any refunded payments
- New Paying Patrons: The number of new patrons that month
- Pledges Processed From New Patrons: The value of pledges processed from new patrons (i.e., the value from the first month paid for by those patrons)
For creators paid per-post for at least one post, the table shows:
- Post: The name of the paid post. If you switched between receiving monthly and per-post payments, your monthly payments will appear with the month and year, as in “January 2016 patron supported.” If you deleted a post before it ever earned money, then it won’t appear in this table.
- Published On: The date that the post was published
- Paying Patrons: The number of patrons with successfully-processed pledges
- Pledges Processed: The amount of successfully-processed pledges for that post, less any refunded payments
- New Paying Patrons: The number of new patrons paying for the post (i.e., that post was the first time those patrons paid for your posts)
- Pledges Processed From New Patrons: The value of pledges processed from new patrons paying for the post
This section measures activity on your Patreon page. Metrics include:
- Month: The month when a post, comment, or like was published to the site
- Your patron-only posts: The number of patron-only posts that you published to your Patreon page
- Your public posts: The number of public posts that you published to your Patreon page. This table does not count posts that you publish on other users’ pages.
- Patron posts on your page: The number of posts that other users published on your Patreon page
- Your comments: The number of comments that you published on your Patreon page. This table does not count comments that you publish on other users’ pages.
- Your likes: The number of likes that you made on posts or comments in your Patreon page. This table does not count likes that you create on other users’ pages.
- Patron comments: The number of comments that other users publish on your Patreon page
- Patron likes: The number of likes that other users publish on your Patreon page pages
This section assesses the extent to which your patrons’ pledges process successfully. When a payment declines, it is typically because of insufficient funds in the patron’s account or an error in the patron’s payment information (e.g., credit card number or expiration date). Patreon notifies the patron when payments decline and automatically retries the payment when the payment settings are updated.
- Month: The month in which the associated post(s) were published
- Attempted Pledges The value of attempted pledges for posts published in that month
- Declined: The value of pledges that did not process successfully
- Successful: The value of pledges that processed successfully
Note that this section organizes results based on the date when the creator performed the work or published the post, whereas the Earnings section organizes results based on when the creator actually received the money.
This section summarizes your monthly deductions from your creator balance.
- Month: The month in which the transaction processed
- Funds transferred to you: Funds deducted from the creator balance and transferred to the creator’s personal account, such as Direct Deposit or PayPal. Note that the actual amount that you'll receive in your bank account will be slightly smaller than the amount you withdraw from your creator balance because payment processors charge fees for the transfer.
- Funds used for pledges to other creators: Funds deducted from the creator balance in order to pay pledges to other creators
- Total funds deducted from creator balance: The sum of the preceding two columns
This section summarizes the Value-Added Tax (VAT) that Patreon collects from patrons based in the European Union. Patreon automatically applies each European country's Value-Added Tax rate to each patron’s pledge and remits the funds to the proper tax authorities. Note that Value-Added Taxes do not deduct from the creator’s share of the pledges; instead, Patreon adds the appropriate tax amount to each patron’s pledge. No further action is required from creators; Patreon handles all Value-Added Tax collection and remits the taxes to the appropriate tax authority in each country.
The primary view provides a table that summarizes VAT collected in each country, each year. Years correspond to the year in which Patreon actually collected the VAT from patrons (rather than the year in which the creator performed the work or published paid posts). Detailed monthly data are available with a CSV download.
For more information, please consult our Help Center article about Value-Added Taxes here.
This section summarizes refunds to your patrons. Detailed refund data are available for work published December 1, 2015 or later.
- Refund Date: The date when Patreon successfully processed the refund
- Original Transaction Date: The date when the pledge originally processed
- Patron Name: The patron's first and last name
- Patron Email: The patron's email address
- Creator’s share: The amount deducted from the creator balance and refunded to the patron.
- Other: Patreon’s fee, processing fees, and Value-Added Tax refunded to the patron. Note that this does not come out of the creator balance. The creator does not bear these costs.
- Total refund: The total amount refunded to the patron.
As a general rule, Patreon refers patrons to their creator whenever a patron requests a refund. Patreon only issues refunds directly to patrons under exceptional circumstances. For example, if Patreon accidentally charges a patron’s pledge multiple times, Patreon will directly issue a refund to the patron. Patreon also issues refunds in case of a fraudulent or unauthorized transaction (i.e., if the patron tells their bank that the pledge was an unauthorized transaction). That’s why you might occasionally see refunds that you didn’t initiate yourself.
Please consult our Help Center article here for more information about refunds.
This section provides a monthly summary of pledges to your page. Detailed pledge data are available for December 2015 onwards.
- Month: A month of the year.
- New Pledges: The value and number of new pledges to your page. A pledge is considered “new” in a month if the patron did not have a pledge to you in the preceding month.
- Increased Pledges: The value and number of pledges that increased in value. The amount shown is the amount by which existing pledges increased. For example, if a patron pledged $10 to you last month and increased the pledge to $15 this month, then this column would show $5 of increased pledges this month.
- Deleted Pledges: The value and number of deleted pledges.
- Decreased Pledges: The value and number of pledges that decreased in value. The amount shown is the amount by which existing pledges decreased. For example, if a patron pledged $15 to you last month and decreased the pledge to $10 this month, then this column would show $5 of decreased pledges this month.
- Total Change: The amount by which your total pledges and number of patrons changed over the course of the month.
- Amount Pledged at End of Month: The amount pledged to your page at the end of the month, along with the total number of patrons in your community.
Note that this section aggregates each patron’s changes over the course of each month. For example, if a new patron pledged $10 to you on January 2, decreased the pledge to $5 on January 4, increased the pledge to $20 on January 5, and then left the pledge unchanged through the end of January, then it would appear as one new pledge of $20 in January.
Patron Exit Surveys
This section provides your patrons’ responses to their patron exit survey. When a patron deletes a pledge, they see a survey that looks like this:
The dashboard includes the following metrics:
- Date: The date when the patron submitted the survey
- Deleted Pledge Amount: The amount associated with the deleted pledge
- Reasons: A list of all reasons that the patron selected in the survey
- Feedback: Any feedback that the patron included in their survey
That’s it! Thanks everyone!