Patreon logo Patreon Help Center Back to Patreon
We are currently performing some planned maintenance.
For more information, check out this article.

How can we help you?


Will I receive a 1099 form?

You will only receive a Form 1099-K from Patreon if you are located in the United States and received $20,000 or more in a calendar year on Patreon (

If you did not make $20,000 through Patreon in the last calendar year, click here

Please note that Form 1099-K will reflect the total amount of pledges processed in the last calendar year less Patreon’s fee and processing fees. However, we cannot provide tax advice so please consult a tax professional. Please be sure to appropriately report all income to the relevant tax authorities.

Even if you do not receive a 1099 form you should still check with your local tax authority to make sure you have properly reported your taxable income.

Some creators may receive a 1099-K from PayPal that includes the payouts they have received from Patreon along with other payments they received on PayPal. Make sure that you do not double report this income, but please consult with a tax professional for specific tax advice.

For more information about your financial metrics, you can review your Patreon Dashboard

What is a w-9 form?

Note: 1099-K's are sent by our payout providers Stripe and PayPal dependent on your Patreon payouts. If you need an additional copy of the form, you'll need to reach out to the provider (Stripe or PayPal) where you sent your monthly payouts for the year. 

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 4 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk