When you become a patron to a creator, they will often have different benefits they've crafted just for you!
This could be anything from pre-sale concert tickets, downloads, personal gifts, hangouts, hand written notes or anything else they can offer as a way to thank you for being apart of their community.
Once you select a tier, you’ll have access to all of the benefits within that tier and below.
For example: If you choose the $10 reward, you'll have access to all the benefits the $10 tier, $5, and $1 tiers.
Where can I find my benefits?
Finding your benefits on Patreon varies between creators. Every creator handles them differently, so if you are not sure when or where your benefits will be posted, be sure to . Creators are 100% in control of the benefits and their distribution - so they can help!
If the creator posts a benefit on Patreon as a post, you will receive an email linking to their post. If a creator distributes a benefit through their patron manager, you will also receive an email notification of the message.
If you aren't sure whether or not you've received your benefits, you will want to check in with the creator. Learn how to get in contact with a creator .
What do I do if a creator didn't deliver the benefit or stopped posting content?
We strongly believe in self-policing by patrons. The creators that make patrons happy receive support, and the creators that do not will lose support.
Creators are entirely responsible for benefits and content distribution. It is not a violation of our terms if a creator doesn't deliver benefits or they're not as expected. Read more about our legal terms .
If a creator you’re a patron of stops creating content or fails to deliver the benefit as promised, here are few steps we suggest you take:
- Investigate the creator’s other content distribution channels. Some creators post their creations on Patreon, but sometimes they do it through other websites or services. If you don’t see anything on Patreon you may want to look around first.
- Contact the creator. It's possible that they forgot to send out a specific benefit, or maybe they have a good reason for not creating anything recently. Reaching out can be a good way to get information if they haven’t provided any. Learn how to contact a creator .
- Ask the creator for a refund. If you feel that you haven’t received your money’s worth, you can always ask the creator for a refund. They are not obligated to provide a refund, but you can always ask and the creator can make the decision to refund your most recent pledge.
- Cancel your membership. If you can’t get in touch with the creator, or if you don’t think they have a good reason for not creating anything recently, then we suggest you your membership. Once you remove your membership, you'll receive an exit survey that goes directly to the creator, so feel free to give a reason for why you're deleting your memebership!
Here are a few steps we do not suggest taking:
- Ask Patreon for a refund. Patreon will not grant refunds for a creator that is not producing content or delivering benefits. As mentioned above it is difficult to judge the creative output of a creator and we do not want to impose our judgment here. Learn more about our refund policy .
- Continue to support the creator if you are not happy with them. If you don’t believe the creator is worthy of support, then please do not continue to support them and expect a refund at some point in the future.