Knowledge of these three sections of Patreon will help you understand your take-home pay better:
The Patron Manager feature has been around for a long time and is currently serving a lot of purposes. Right now it's the place to find information about all of your patron's payment status' on a per post (if you are using our per-creation model) or per month basis. You can also see a list of all current patrons.
The patron table in your patron manager may include the following statuses:
|Processed||Your patron's payment was successfully processed.|
|Refunded||Your patron was refunded for this payment.|
|Fraud||Your patron's bank or the payment processor have marked this payment as being potentially fraudulent. There are a number of reasons this can occur. You can let your patrons know to get in touch with their bank, Stripe, and/or Patreon to clear this up. Your patrons will want to reach out to their bank or Stripe to resolve this and get charged for their pending pledges.|
|Declined||Your patron's pledge declined, and they have been notified of this. They will need to update their payment method in order for us to attempt to re-process their payment. Once they update their payment method, their status will return to OK. We will try to re-process patrons who've updated their payment method within 48 hours and continue to send them the email notification.|
|Pending||If you are on the per-creation setup, your patrons will be marked as pending until they are charged on the 1st of the next month or when delete their pledge.|
What does the Earnings section of my Dashboard represent?
This section summarizes income associated with your creator page. It is organized by the time that Patreon successfully processed your pledges and refunds, rather than the time when you performed the work or published paid posts.
- Month: The month in which you received money to your creator balance
- Processed pledges: The sum of all successfully-processed pledges that processed in the month specified, less any refunded payments
- Processing fees: Merchant transaction fees associated with the third party that processes the payments (e.g., PayPal, Stripe). Please see this article to learn more about fees.
- Patreon fee: The sum of Patreon’s 5% fee applied to the pledges
- Your share: The net amount that you earned, after deducting processing fees and Patreon’s fee
What information is included in the Payouts section of my Dashboard?
This section summarizes your monthly deductions from your creator balance.
- Month: The month in which the transaction processed
- Funds transferred to you: Funds deducted from the creator balance and transferred to the creator’s personal account, such as Direct Deposit or PayPal. Note that the actual amount that you'll receive in your bank account will be slightly smaller than the amount you withdraw from your creator balance because payment processors charge fees for the transfer.
- Funds used for pledges to other creators: Funds deducted from the creator balance in order to pay pledges to other creators
- Total funds deducted from creator balance: The sum of the preceding two columns