Step 1. Start a new livestream post on Patreon
- Go to patreon.com/post
- Choose Livestream
- Follow the setup instructions if you haven't already
- Add a livestream title, description, and tags
- Choose which patrons are allowed to join the livestream
YouTube livestream post
Step 2. Create an unlisted YouTube livestream
- Click on "Start an unlisted YouTube livestream"
- Click "Continue to Youtube"
- Add a livestream title and description
- IMPORTANT Change the event from "Public" to "Unlisted"
- Click "Go live now" and "OK"
- A livestream window will load. Don't worry – you aren't live yet
Did the link to start an unlisted YouTube livestream not work for you? Get set up here.
Step 3. Copy & paste the livestream link
- Click the word "Links" in the bottom right corner of the livestream window.
- Copy the YouTube page link (e.g. http://youtu.be/yadayada)
- Paste the YouTube page link into your Patreon post
Step 4. Publish or schedule the livestream post on Patreon
When you're ready, publish or schedule the livestream post on Patreon. If you publish, your patrons will get an email and/or push notification that you've made a new livestream post.
Step 5. Start the broadcast on Youtube
In the YouTube livestream window, click "Start broadcast" to go live. You patrons will see you now! They are able comment on the YouTube live video page or on your Patreon livestream post.
We recommend that you moderate comments on Patreon, so future patrons can see the discussion.
More help and details to come! Please reach out with comments and questions!
Need YouTube support? Go here