- How do I make a patron only Crowdcast livestream?
- Why are you running this as a beta?
- Does the beta cost money? How much can I stream?
- Who gets to be in the beta? Can I sign up to be in the beta?
- Can I still stream with YouTube or other service?
- What happens if the beta is discontinued?
- Which browsers can I use with Crowdcast?
We've heard that easy, patron only livestreaming is something that you've been asking for- So we're thrilled to have this now available within Patreon!
To set up or schedule a livestream, make a post as you usually would by selecting the post icon on your left sidebar. From here, you'll see the livestream option.
You'll want to select "continue with Crowdcast." Then, you'll see an OAuth popup, requesting your permission to integrate your Patreon account with Crowdcast. This will automatically create a Crowdcast account for you, using your Patreon login credentials.
Without a doubt, patron-only livestreaming is one of the most requested features from creators, and we really want to deliver on that request. We’re using the invite-only beta test to help us work out the kinks and collect feedback on what works, what doesn’t, and how we can give creators exactly what they’re looking for.
As a creator in the beta, Patreon will pay all costs for you to use Crowdcast’s premium livestreaming service. You’ll be able to stream to your patrons for free for up to 3 hours per month.